My abbreviated story of snowy adventures
- Starts as a little kid sledding off the carport roof
- Cross-country skied once with the Boy Scouts
- Snowboarded once 1995, 2003, and then a whole lot in college, then
on the Weber State University Snowboard team
- 2012 Started splitboarding in Switzerland
- 2015 Starting ascending plenty of high Alpine peaks during
wintertime, started doing hut traverses
- 2017 Completed backcountry Ski Guide Certification (Tourenleiter I)
- 2020 Started doing lots of snow camping traverses
- 2021 Completed alpine Ski Guide Certification (Tourenleiter II)
- 2021 Stopped snowboarding, started skiing
- 2022 February and March traversed the Pirin and Rila Mountains of
Bulgaria, solo, in multiple directions, on skis
- 2022 & 2023 Skied from Ghost Ranch, NM to Canada, solo except from
Anaconda, MT to Canada.
… is still being written.
I wish to write it mainly in the snow while meaningfully contributing to
mitigating climate change.